Richmond Education Business Partnership
'Providing work related learning opportunities for young people in Richmond upon Thames'
Young people are prepared for employability and adult life through sustainable partnerships between education and business. By learning through work, about work and for work young people are given opportunities to develop enterprise skills, attitudes and qualities and have knowledge of work practices and environments.
Who are the REBP?
REBP forms part of the School Effectiveness division of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames' Education, Children's and Cultural Services Directorate. The EBP works in partnership with local businesses, schools and other work related learning and community partners to deliver and support work related and enterprise projects and activities to 11 to 19 year olds in the borough.
Through the programmes and activities delivered by REBP and our partners we aim to:
- develop sustainable partnerships between schools and local employers
- improve young people's understanding of the world of work
- integrate high quality work related learning activities into the curriculum
- provide schools with support to provide all young people with an opportunity to develop the skills and qualities needed to enter and succeed in the work place
Work related learning is:
- Learning through work: for example work experience, part-time jobs, vocational contexts in subject learning.
- Learning about work: for example, vocational courses and careers education.
- Learning for work: for example developing transferable employability skills through taking part in enterprise challenges.
REBP achieved the Institute for Education Business Excellence's quality standard award in March 2010