Electors with disability
We try our best to ensure that all members of our community are correctly registered and can exercise their full democratic rights.
Electoral registration and information
We can supply registration forms in Large Print and Braille and ensure information is available in Large Print, Braille, on Audio and Sign Language Video Tape.
We try to make the voting process as easy as possible for everyone and are committed to ensuring all our polling stations are accessible. Electoral Services provide special facilities to help voters with disabilities:
- All polling stations are wheelchair accessible (special ramps are provided if needed).
- All polling stations have booths adapted for wheelchair users.
- Large print versions of ballot papers are available in every polling station.
- Special aids are provided to enable visually impaired voters to mark their ballot papers without assistance.
- If disability prevents you from being able to complete a ballot paper on your own, the Presiding Officer is there to assist you, or you can take a friend or relative to the polling station to help you.
If you don't want to go to the polling station to vote, please remember that all voters are entitled to vote by post (and proxy if they apply for each election), and voters with disabilities are also allowed to apply for a long term proxy. Please contact us for application forms or advice.