Licensing Authorities must keep their Licensing policies under review and consult and revise them at least in accordance with the statutory time scales. Accordingly and following public consultation there is a new licensing policy which takes effect from 18 September 2012.
Any application that has to be determined by a Licensing Sub-Committee on or after the18 September 2012 will be considered against the terms of this new policy even if the application was submitted to the licensing authority prior to that date.
Richmond and Twickenham town centres continue to be designated as cumulative impact zones (CIZs). The Richmond CIZ is slightly extended over that contained in the previous policy. The text that refers to CIZs, is contained in Section 4 of the policy. The ‘Make Report’ contains details of the observed low level anti-social behaviour over four studies between 2005–2011. This evidence has been supportive of the maintenance of the CIZs and is contained in full at Appendix D of policy.
How to get copies of the Licensing Policy
Telephone: 020 8831 6455
Previous versions of the Licensing Policy
January 2011 to September 2012
January 2008 to January 2011
June 2005 to January 2008
This policy document was revised on 14 June 2005.
- Introduction(pdf, 97KB) (objective, activities, Licensing Committee)
- Types of Licenses(pdf, 84KB) (premises,personal, club premises, permitted temporary activities)
- Licensing Objectives(pdf, 116KB) (prevention of crime, public safety)
- Role of Licensing and Reviews(pdf, 73KB)
- Cumulative Impact(pdf, 92KB)
- Licensing hours, duplication and legislation(pdf, 81KB)
- Adult entertainment, tourism, employment, partnerships and strategies(pdf, 84KB)
- Conditions, contact details and applications, how to obtain copies of the Act and guidance(pdf, 53KB)
- Glossary(pdf, 103KB)
- Appendix A - Consultation(pdf, 86KB)
- Appendix B - Number of Licensing Premises in the Borough(pdf, 88KB)
- Appendix C - Part 2 of Schedule 1 of the Act - Exemptions(pdf, 94KB)
- Appendix D - Table of delegation of Licensing Function(pdf, 69KB)
- Appendix E - Film Classification(pdf, 78KB)
- Appendix F - Legislation/Convention(pdf, 80KB)
- Appendix G - Strategies(pdf, 104KB)
- Appendix H - Maps of the cumulative impact zones(pdf, 3926KB)
- Whole policy document(pdf, 185KB) (without appendices) and complete Appendices(pdf, 4054KB)