Local Implementation Plan for Transport
Second Local Implementation Plan (2011-2014)
The Second Local Implementation Plan (LIP2) for transport outlines how the London Borough of Richmond will implement the Mayor of London’s Transport Strategy. Richmond’s LIP2 covers the same period as the revised Mayors Transport Strategy (up to 20 years) and includes delivery proposals for the period 2011/12 – 2013/14.
As well as the Mayors Transport Strategy, the LIP2 is also informed by the South London Sub-Regional Transport Plan that was published during the writing of the LIP2. It also is in line with Richmond’s Community Strategy and other relevant Richmond policy documents.
It has been developed in accordance with TfL’s Guidance on Developing the Second London Implementation Plans (TfL, 2010) and the Plan sets out to serve three key purposes:
- To set out the Council's long term goals in regards to transport priorities, policies and programmes.
- To demonstrate how Richmond upon Thames will help support the London Mayor achieve the objectives set out in the Mayor’s Transport Strategy.
- To outline the Borough’s own transport objectives and a broad programme of investment covering the period 2011 to 2014 and beyond, including major schemes to improve Richmond, Twickenham and Whitton Town Centres.
The LIP2 is also a very important tool which will enable us to strengthen our role in shaping the identity of Richmond and meeting and supporting the priorities of the community.
Strategic Environmental Assessments
Under European Union Directive 2001/42/EC, a Strategic Environmental Assessment has to be produced for certain plans and programmes that are likely to have an impact on the environment. The Second Local implementation Plan is an example of that and TfL expect the second round LIPs to fall under the Regulations.
Our objectives are:
- A high level of environmental protection
- The integration of environmental concerns into plans / programmes
- The promotion of sustainable development.
The SEA Directive(pdf, 1303KB) does not apply to policies but identifies and predicts environmental effects of plans/programmes (if any) and informs the decision making process by testing different options against environmental sustainability objectives.
The Environmental Report is built on the SEA Scoping Report produced by Richmond Council in February 2011.”
First Local Implementation Plan (2007-2010)
View the First Local Implementation Plan.