Planning applications - business
This section is a guide to the planning system for businesses.
A useful booklet is published by the Communities and Local Government entitled 'Planning Permission: A guide for businesses'.
After reading this section, if you are still unclear how to proceed, email email@example.com.
Making a business planning application
The most relevant planning policies and guidance which will be taken into account when applying for permission related to businesses are as follows:
- Employment policies within the Unitary Development Plan
- Planning guidance for food and drink establishments(pdf, 560KB)
- Supplementary planning guidance for shopfronts and shopsigns
When submitting your drawings and plans electronically please be sure to follow the guidelines below:
- Submitting electronic files with planning applications(pdf, 41KB)
- Converting CAD files to scalable PDFs (Planning Portal)
We can save you time and effort by going through your planning ideas or problems before they reach the formal application stage. This enables us to give you supportive advice and opinions while helping you to avoid any pitfalls.
Developers can seek pre-application advice on pre-application procedures and charges.