Councillors' Attendance Statistics
REVENUE BUDGET STRATEGY AND COUNCIL TAX SETTING REPORT
Decision maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet received a report of the Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Resources regarding the Revenue Budget Strategy and Council Tax 2012/2013.
Councillor Samuel noted a factual amendment which was required under Part 7 – Consultation and Engagement of the report. He clarified that the consultation referred to had not taken place at an evening session and the words ‘ ‘who attended an evening run by the OPM organisation’ should be deleted from the report.
Resolved subject to the amendment in the report as outlined above: That Cabinet:
- Note the advice of the Director of Finance and Corporate Services in respect of Section 25 of the Local Government Act 1003 in setting the budget.
- Recommend the approval of the Revenue Budget for 2012/13 to Council.
- Recommend to Council the agreement that the Richmond Upon Thames element of the Band D Council Tax be unchanged at £1287.39, thereby enabling the Council to accept a further £2.896 million one off funding in Council Tax Freeze Grant from the Government
- Note the expected Greater London Authority (GLA) precept of £306.72
- Recommend to Council to agree the overall Band D Level of Council Tax for 2012/13 including the GLA element to be set at £1,594.11, a reduction of 0.19% on 2011/12. The levels of Council Tax for all property bands were noted in Appendix A.
- Approve the revised Medium Term Financial Strategy (Appendix C) including the efficiencies / savings identified and the expansion of the 5 year capital programme.
Publication date: 24/02/2012
Date of decision: 23/02/2012
Decided at meeting: 23/02/2012 - Cabinet