Pay As You Go account
A Pay As You Go (PAYG) account is the paperless way to book and pay for visitor parking, as and when you need it.
Book parking sessions on your mobile or via the web, and only pay for what you use. You can also book multiple consecutive parking sessions up to 30 days in advance.
Three steps to setting up your account
1. Check your eligibility
- Your property must be within a Controlled Parking Zone.
- You must not have another resident visitor parking account, such as Scratch Card Visitor Permits or an existing PAYG account.
- Your property is your 'usual place of abode', i.e. you must normally spend at least four days each week living and sleeping at the premises. Having an office, shop or hotel in the zone does not entitle you to resident visitor parking.
- Your property must be eligible under the Town and Country Planning Act. View a list of properties not eligible
- You must have a phone, preferably a mobile, which has caller ID enabled.
- You can apply for a PAYG account online.
- No payment is taken at time of application.
- Proofs will not be required (unless you have renewed or bought a residents permit in the last 12 months). Only send in copies as these will not be returned, they will be securely destroyed.
- Discounts are available for the over-60s (proof of age may be requested).
- a printable form(pdf, 28KB) is also available.
3. Account activation
- Activation can take up to five working days. We will email you to let you know when your account is active (or by post if you didn't apply online)
- When you book your first session, you will receive a text with a pin number enabling you to access your account online.
Using your account
See our using Pay As You Go page for more details about renewing your account and using the service.
Book a parking session
Call 020 3046 0005 from a nominated phone number, or book online on the RingGo website.
RingGo Cashless pay and display
Please be aware, PAYG accounts are separate to RingGo Cashless pay and display.
A PAYG account automatically registers users for RingGo Cashless parking. Call 020 3046 0010, or visit RingGo cashless parking for more information. For details on pay and display discounts for residents, see resident parking discounts.