Newly Qualified Teachers and returners to teaching
Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT)
The 2013 NQT Primary Pool will be open for applications on the 12 December 2012.
The professional support and development you will receive as a newly qualified teacher in the London Borough of Richmond will be outstanding, and the friendly atmosphere in all schools will make your first appointment a memorable one.
Here in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme, with time off each week to attend a centrally provided induction programme.
- Well resourced and friendly schools with excellent national recognition.
- Innovative housing support.
- A beautiful, green, leafy borough.
- £500 payment upon completion of 10 days spent in the school that you have been appointed to during the month of July (this payment will be received on 25 August subject to agreement of the governing body).
- Fortnightly payments of the first two months salary upon request.
- £4,000 "golden hello" for shortage subjects (subject to government funding).
- Outer London Weighting Allowance.
We promote a strong work/life balance to all our employees and during the NQT induction programme there are opportunities to network and socialise with colleagues. If you are new to the area or you are currently living outside of the borough find out more about how to enjoy your leisure time in this beautiful borough at www.visitrichmond.co.uk.
Thinking about returning to teaching?
In the first instance you should contact the Teaching Agency to register your interest and to receive current information about return to teaching courses. You will be able to find out details of a course located closest to where you are living.
View the Teaching Agency, Get into teaching website, or -alternatively, speak directly to an advisor on 0845 085 0971.
Contact the School Workforce Development Team
If you have any questions, contact the School Workforce Development Team.
We welcome your application to join our dynamic School Workforce.