This page is part of a historical archive and will not be updated.
New or recently updated notices can be found on the new Public and traffic notices page.
Issued By: Andrew Darvill Assistant Director, Traffic and Transport
1. The Council of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate utility works for the replacement of underground water mains in Richmond Road, Twickenham they intend to make a temporary Order, the effect of which will be to suspend the bus lane in Richmond Road, Twickenham and introduce waiting and loading restrictions in a part of Richmond Road.
2. Whilst the works take place the bus lane in Richmond Road will be suspended in so far as the suspension is indicated by prescribed traffic signs. Waiting and loading in the length of Richmond Road between its junctions with Lebanon Park and Sion Road will be prohibited as indicated by traffic signs.
3. From time to time during the course of the works, all traffic in the direction from Richmond towards Twickenham will be required to use the bus lane, and at other times the bus lane will be closed to all traffic.
4. The order will come into effect on 30 January 2012. The works are anticipated to be in progress for a period of 8 weeks, i.e. until 24 March 2012. The order will remain in force for a period of 18 months, to allow for unexpected events and possible remedial works.
5. The prohibitions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by prescribed traffic signs.
6. Nothing in the Order will apply to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a traffic warden..
7. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
Assistant Director, Traffic and Transport
Civic Centre, 44 York Street,
Twickenham TW1 3BZ.
Dated 6 January 2012