Mental Health - support in the community
If more specialist help is needed, you may be put in touch with the local Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs) or Specialist Mental Health Teams
These teams support the small number of people with more persistent and potentially serious mental health problems. The majority of these people will recover and live a full life but may need support to do so.
There are two CMHTs in the borough and a number of Specialist Mental Health Teams, including:
- The Early Intervention Service
- The Personality Disorder Team
- The Recovery Team
- The Assertive Outreach Team
- The Crisis and Home Treatment Team.
The Mental Health Teams are a partnership of health and social care services run by South West London and St. George’s Mental Health NHS Trust working together with organisations in the voluntary sector to agree the best way to offer that support. The teams are generally made up of:
- A consultant and staff grade psychiatrist
- A team manager
- Social workers and approved social workers
- Community psychiatric nurses
- A psychologist/therapists
You will need to have a referral from your GP to access the service.
The Mental Health Teams only work with people who have been accepted as needing a specialist mental health service.