Building Control services
Building Control is responsible for:
Checking submitted drawings, specifications and calculations for compliance with the current Building Regulations.
Inspecting works on site throughout the borough to ensure that:
- health, safety and welfare of people in and around buildings;
- structural stability of buildings;
- fire safety and means of escape from buildings;
- conservation of fuel and energy within buildings; and
- access and facilities for those with disabilities are at least to the minimum standard set out in the Building Regulations and Approved Documents.
Giving advice to householder’s developers and businesses as to the requirements and extent of the Building Regulations.
Ensuring that any reported Dangerous Structure in the borough is speedily dealt with to avoid any undue risk to people.
Carrying out the statutory duties regarding the Demolition of Buildings.
The naming and numbering of streets in the Borough.
We also provide support to other council services.
Every construction project, no matter how large or small, has its difficulties but we are here to help solve them with you. Please contact us to avoid unnecessary problems.
A further important aspect of our work is the responsibility for issuing Safety Certificates in respect of Sports Grounds within the Borough, determining the spectator capacities and safety of spectators at sporting events.