Contaminated Land Enquiries
The Contaminated Land Team are able to respond to enquiries and provide specific information relating to land quality on sites within the Borough Boundary. For example those which arise as part of the conveyancing process. There is a charge for this service.
The information we are able to provide includes;
- The history of the land use including any past industrial uses on or adjacent to the property.
- The geology and hydrogeology of the area.
- Relevant planning history.
- Details of any site investigations that relate to the property in question, (if available).
If you wish to make an enquiry, please fill in our online enquiry form or send us (preferably by email) the property address and any known relevant particulars, as well as any specific questions to the Contaminated Land Team.
The charges for this service are payable in advance and are as follows;
- For a standard search (turnaround within 20 days), the fee is £72/hour payable for the first hour of work. Should the search take longer, the fee is pro rata per hour or part hour.
- For an expedited search (turnaround up to 5 working days, dependant on Officer availability), the fee is £108/hour payable for the first hour of work. Should the search take longer, the fee is pro rata per hour or part hour.
We are able to accept payments by Credit and Debit card (except Diners Card and American Express) via our online enquiry form.
Credit card payments are subject to a handling fee. There is no handling fee for debit card payments. For further information see our credit card handling fees page.
In addition to online payments we are able to accept payments over the phone using either of our telephone numbers. Alternatively, you can send a cheque for the appropriate initial fee, made payable to 'The London Borough of Richmond', and send it to our address.
The total cost of any work is dependent on the size and complexity of the search. After receipt of the initial fee we will advise if any further funds are likely to be needed prior to carrying out any further work.
Should you have any queries or wish to discuss your needs, please contact us.