Air quality monitoring data
Richmond Council monitor local air quality by the use of both continuous analysers and diffusion tubes.
Diffusion tubes, which are located at a number of sites throughout the borough and monitor nitrogen dioxide, benzene and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
The diffusion tube results can be viewed on the following pages:
- Nitrogen dioxide results - diffusion tube sampling
- Benzene results - diffusion tube sampling
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon results - diffusion tube sampling
Monitoring of air quality in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames takes place 24 hours a day. Currently the section has one mobile monitoring unit and two static units. One is located in Castelnau outside the Public Library and the other is at the Wetlands site. The mobile unit is moved around the borough to different locations.
Continuous Monitoring of the following pollutants is carried out:
- Nitrogen dioxide NO2
- Ozone O3
- Carbon Monoxide CO
- Particulates PM10's
The following list gives the results for our mobile air quality units dating back to 1998.
- A316(pdf, 84KB)
- A316/Lincoln Avenue, Whitton(pdf, 57KB)
- Barnes Terrace Gardens(pdf, 69KB)
- Barnes Wetlands Centre(pdf, 159KB)
- Castelnau Library(pdf, 78KB)
- George St Richmond(pdf, 70KB)
- Gothic Road(pdf, 57KB)
- Ham Polo Ground(pdf, 59KB)
- Hampton Wick(pdf, 72KB)
- Hanworth Road, Hampton(pdf, 44KB)
- High St, Hampton Wick(pdf, 73KB)
- Holly Lodge, Richmond Park(pdf, 55KB)
- Home Park Terrace, Kingston Bridge(pdf, 78KB)
- Nightingale Road(pdf, 64KB)
- Priests Bridge/Upper Richmond Road(pdf, 66KB)
- Queens Road Teddington(pdf, 55KB)
- Richmond Circus, Lower Mortlake Road(pdf, 47KB)
- Sheen Gate Gardens(pdf, 70KB)
- Sheen Lane, East Sheen(pdf, 40KB)
- Staines Road, Crane Park Nursery(pdf, 68KB)
- The Terrace, Barnes(pdf, 71KB)
If you have any queries please contact the Special Projects Team.