Applying for a passport in your new name
You may wish to apply for a passport in your new name prior to your ceremony. To find out how, please visit GOV.UK.
- The Change of name form (PD2) must be completed and signed by the registrar/ vicar or priest who will conduct your ceremony, not the registrar who takes your notice.
- The form can only be signed if Notice of your Marriage or Civil Partnership has been given, and a firm date has been arranged for your ceremony.
- The form can only be signed within 3 months of the date of the ceremony.
- The form must be correctly completed including details of the Passport office where the application will be sent.
- Please note there is a fee for signing the form.
- The form can be sent in the post to Richmond upon Thames Register Office with a cheque. Please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
- The form can be brought to Richmond upon Thames Register Office and the fee can be paid by card, cash or cheque.
- No appointment is required for this.
Any other enquiries please contact us.