Health and Wellbeing Board
The Health and Wellbeing Board will be fully established by April 2013, and a shadow board is currently in operation, meeting quarterly until its full transition. The Board is part of the Richmond upon Thames Partnership and will focus on promoting integration and partnership working, and improving democratic accountability of health and social care services.
The shadow Health and Wellbeing Board will oversee the transition of health commissioning to clinical commissioning groups as well as health improvement and public health responsibilities from the Primary Care Trust to the local authority.
The Board’s core purpose is to join up commissioning across the NHS, social care, public health and other related services.
The objectives of the shadow Board are:
- To lead the development of the local authority’s role in integrating the commissioning of health, social care and other services
- To lead the development of local partnerships for health and social care which share a common view about local need, priorities and service development
- Ensure the engagement and involvement of local people in the development of the health and social care system locally
- Work with regional and pan London bodies to ensure that the health and social care needs of local people are understood and taken account of in the commissioning of services at regional and pan London level.
Members of the Board include representatives of the Richmond & Twickenham Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS Richmond, LINk (to become Healthwatch), and the local authority.You can view the full membership list(pdf, 30KB) and download the Terms of Reference(pdf, 29KB).
Richmond Health and Wellbeing Strategy
Health and Wellbeing Board Digest
A Health and Wellbeing Board (H&WB) Digest is produced quarterly:
Bulletin for Board Members
Joint Commissioning Groups
The shadow Health and Wellbeing Board, together with the client based Joint Commissioning Groups (JCGs), comprise the Health and Wellbeing Partnership.
The JCGs are:
- Adults Joint Commissioning Group
- Mental Health Joint Commissioning Group
- Local Learning Disability Partnership Board
Contact the Health and Wellbeing Board
For more information about the Health and Wellbeing Board, please contact:
Telephone: 020 8891 7163